Hire Image LLC offers standard 5, 8, 9, and 10-panel urinalysis, as well as custom panels. We also arrange saliva swab testing, oral fluid testing, and hair testing. DOT testing and physicals are available as well.
We utilize Labcorp and Quest collection sites located all across the country. Virtually any nearby lab can be used for convenience. Paperless registration of donors is quick and easy, but paper chain-of-custody forms are available as well. Drug test results are reported by Medical Review Officers (MRO’s) using the most advanced technologies available. Negative results are available typically within 24-48 hours after collection. Drug test results can be part of a background screening report, or ordered separately.
Before implementing a drug-free workplace program, employers must familiarize themselves with any local, state and Federal laws that may impact when, where and how they do so. For more information and instructions on how to create a policy for your organization, see the U.S. Department of Labor’s Drug Free Workplace Advisor at this link: http://www.dol.gov/elaws/drugfree.htm
According to the Department of Labor’s website, most drug users, binge and heavy drinkers, and people with substance use disorders are employed. Check out the following statistics:
- In 2007, of the 17.4 million current illicit drug users age 18 and over, 13.1 million (75.3 percent) were employed.*
- Similarly, among 55.3 million adult binge drinkers, 44.0 million (79.4 percent) were employed, and among 16.4 million persons reporting heavy alcohol use, 13.1 million (79.6 percent) were employed.*
- Of the 20.4 million adults classified with substance dependence or abuse, 12.3 million (60.4 percent) were employed full-time.*
- In 2007, 8.4 percent of those employed full-time were current illicit drug users, and 8.8 percent reported heavy alcohol use.*
Employers seeking information about the Department of Transportation’s (DOT) drug-testing regulations should visit DOT’s Office of Drug and Alcohol Policy and Compliance Web site, which features many resources including downloadable Employer and Employee handbooks.
Contact Hire Image for more information on drug screening or to have your screening account set up today.
* Statistics from the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, Office of Applied Studies (2008). Results from the 2007 National Survey on Drug Use and Health: National Findings (NSDUH Series H-34, DHHS Publication No. SMA 08-4343). Rockville, MD.