As Hire Image previously reported, the Form I-9 physical presence requirements were deferred through July 19th due to the COVID-19 pandemic. In an effort to assist employers with filling out the form during this time, the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) issued various examples. These examples include recommendations for how the Form I-9 should be notated when remotely inspecting employment authorization and identity documents.
The following examples should be followed when notating Form I-9 in these circumstances:
- Completing Section 2 When Inspecting Documents Remotely
- Performing Physical Inspection Once Normal Operations Resume
- Performing Physical Inspection by a Different Person Once Normal Operations Resume
- Notating Remote and Physical Inspection for Reverification
- Entering a List B Document Extended by Issuing Authority in Section 2
- Entering an Expired List B Document in Section 2
- Updating Section 2 When Employee Presents Unexpired Document Once Normal Operations Resume
Click here for more information.
Have any questions? Hire Image can help. Contact us if you have any concerns about hoe the Form I-9 should be completed.