NAIC Background Screening Solutions
Protecting organizations by screening applicants at every level.
Scroll down for more information and your next steps.
Providing NAIC Third Party Investigative Reports
Hire Image is an approved, independent, third-party provider recognized by the National Association for Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) to perform independent third-party investigative reports based on Biographical Affidavits.
Most states require an independent third-party verification of the Biographical Affidavit (Form 11), which must be provided by a nationally recognized consumer reporting agency (CRA) with experience performing those investigations, with the ability to perform international searches, such as Hire Image.
The NAIC biographical affidavit must be submitted by all officers, directors, and key managerial personnel of the applicant company, as well as individuals with a 10% or more beneficial ownership interest in the applicant company.
- Must be submitted by an applicant in connection with pending or future application(s) for licensure or a permit to organize with a department of insurance in one or more states.
- Must be submitted on behalf of all officers, directors, and key managerial personnel of the applicant and individuals with a 10% or more beneficial ownership in the applicant or the applicant’s ultimate controlling parent.
- Some states require a Biographical Affidavit (including the cover page, form 11a) for a change in key managerial positions or for a new officer or director.
- For more information, see the NAIC website at www.naic.org.
To submit a Biographical Affidavit to Hire Image for an independent third-party verification:
- Download and complete the Hire Image Letter of Agreement.
- Upload the completed Letter of Agreement along with copies of the Biographical Affidavits to Hire Image, and the initial payment of $350.00 per person (credit card authorization included in the Letter of Agreement).
- Indicate the state regulatory agency or agencies to whom Hire Image should send the completed verification report.
Timeline and Fees
- Reports are typically completed within 2-4 weeks (international searches or verifications may take extra time).
- Hire Image will notify you when reports are completed and advise you of any charges incurred during the search and verification process.
- Additional charges apply for:
- If the applicant has lived in more than two counties during the past 10 years,
- Additional state submission fees,
- International searches and verifications,
- Access fees imposed by individual counties searched, or
- Verification subscription fees.
- Final payment is due before report transmittal.
- Upon receipt of final payment, Hire Image will transmit the reports to the appropriate agency(ies) and notify you that they were sent.
Please contact us if you have any questions at email@example.com
In processing independent third-party investigative reports, Hire Image maintains compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), State Departments of Insurance, and NAIC’s Uniform Certificate of Authority Application (UCAA) Best Practices/Guidelines for Background Investigations.
Hire Image understands the specific needs of the insurance industry and complies with the UCAA Best Practices/Guidelines for Background Investigations. Whether hiring staff or applying for state licensing, your background check should be tailored to meet your specific needs.